PTA Meeting Minutes – April 6, 2010
Minutes of the Jamestown PTA Meeting
April 6, 2010
Call to Order – Cliff Logan
* The meeting was called to order at 7:35 p.m. There was a motion made and accepted to approve the minutes of the March 2, 2010, PTA meeting.
* In accordance with the bylaws, the Nominating Committee’s slate of proposed officers for next year’s PTA Executive Board was presented:
Laura Cressey – Corresponding Secretary
Katherine Price – Fundraising
Beth Welsh – Recording Secretary
Jill Curran – Treasurer
The PTA will vote on this slate at the May 4, 2010, meeting.
Principal’s Report – Laura Annan Glascoe
* Update on Staffing – There were be two multiage teams next year (and 4 multiage teachers). There will be 10 teachers in Grades 1-2 to create a low teacher/student ratio for the early years of learning to read.
* Approximately 12 teachers would like to attend Responsive Classroom training this year for a total cost of approximately $7500.
* One possible item for an end-of-year wish list could be a portable sound system to use in the gym for events such as the school-wide morning meetings. We borrowed one recently when Dr. Murphy attended. (Cost is approximately $3000.)
* We received drawings and plans for the internal security door from the former Architect of the Capitol. Roger Bultman and Mrs. Annan-Glascoe met with APS. APS said it will eventually consider this issue but no time-frame was given. We cannot buy the materials for door installation outside of APS system.
Fundraising – Katherine Price
* We need a person to be in charge of organizing school supplies orders next year. This position will be moved to Internal or External Relations because it is not a fundraiser. The teachers’ school supplies lists are almost complete.
Internal Relations – Brenna Isman
* There was discussion about having parents register for the PTA through Pay Pal.
Treasurer’s Report – Roger Bultman
* The Spring Fair grossed approximately $16,000 ($6000 over budget). The auction grossed approximately $41,000 ($9000 over budget).
Adjourned 8:30 p.m.