The Jamestown PTA is an association of parents, teachers and staff working together to support and enrich educational and social activities at Jamestown. The Jamestown PTA enhances its students’ elementary school experience by providing the support they need. The bylaws of the PTA are available here.
Some of the ways in which the Jamestown PTA supports the school include:
- Funds the schoolʼs technology needs including laptops, ipads, and other hand-held learning devices
- Supplements the teacher training budget by funding professional development for teachers
- Provides direct contributions to the teachers for the purchase of extra materials for classrooms and other areas of the school
- Enhances the children’s arts education through Artists-in-Residence Programs, whereby artists are brought in and work with the students on a permanent art project
- Enhances the childrenʼs music education through funding many musical performances throughout the year
- Enhances the childrenʼs reading education through funding the Author-in-Residence Programs, whereby many authors come and read their books to the students
- Funds the ever-popular school play
- Coordinates the popular After School Enrichment programs and Reflections Contest
- Hosts many social events throughout the year to build a stronger community such as the Ice Cream Social, Jamestown Auction, and Spring Fair
The PTA is composed of seven officers and many committee chairs and coordinators. We have monthly meetings that are open to Jamestown families. Meetings are held in the library on the first Tuesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. At times a special presentation may take place before the PTA meeting at 7 p.m. Look for notices in your Friday e-newsletter. Meeting minutes are available online. You can also view the current year’s budget under the treasurer’s section.